here at etsy
DIY concrete coasters
This was a super fun project I did with some girlfriends. I made coasters while they made cupboard handles and a pot for succulents.
All you need:
- Rockite cement - purchased at Home Depot (I like the texture and appearance of this concrete best)
- Bucket and strong stirring stick of some sort - these items will get damaged
- Yogurt or any plastic container of your choice
- Cork or felt for the underside of the coasters
- Weldbond glue to attach cork or felt
- Stir cement mixture thoroughly
- If the mixture is extremely runny it will still harden. It is best to have a gravy-like texture for easy pouring
- Pour leftover mixture into another container and then dispose. DO NOT pour down a sink or tub!
Just came across this tutorial for a DIY Tiny Clay Plant Pot and how to make a hanging device for the pot and I felt I needed to share it with the blogosphere. I have been going succulent crazy and have always thought about hanging some from the kitchen ceiling and now I have got the information to do so.
The tutorial is super simple, all you need is polymer clay, an oven, a knife and melon baller and you’ve got yourself the cutest scandinavian-inspired mini planter for your house plants to call home.
It’s a kind of DIY Saturday.